I am very excited to announce another give away, this time a joint give away between Anne Boleyn: Queen to History and Deri Dolls! The most wonderful and amazing Deri has made a female Tudor doll which I am most delighted to be able to give away. Deri has most kindly given all the details about the stunning doll below…
Hello! I'm Deri, the brains and sore fingers behind the Deridolls my dear friend Sarah has been so kind to mention here on occasion and it is my pleasure to offer the prize for this giveaway. Being in tune with this blog's theme, it is, of course, a Tudor doll.
- She is wearing a white felt partlet, stitched in black on the neckline and "fastened" with a bead fake button.
- Her burgundy underskirt is embroidered in a golden net pattern, enriched with goldean beads.
- The gown is actually a two piece set, the skirt has the characteristic inverted-V cut-out of the period and the guards are made of satin ribbon trimmed with golden cord. The bodice, also decorated with satin ribbon trimmed with golden cord, has a tabbed waistline, each tab accented with golden cord.
- Tudor sleeves are famous for their many layers and these are no exception.Her sleeves have ribbon ruffles embroidered in black blanket stitching to suggest the beautiful blackwork common to the period.
- The overlaying sleeve, like the underskirt, is embroidered in a golden pattern detailed with golden beads and, finally, the ruched/puffed cap sleeves are slashed and each slash is accented with burgundy ribbon.
- But the fashion statement of the Tudor period has to have been the headgear! This little doll is donning a stunning french hood, decorated with beads and pearls, and, on the bottom row, golden embroidery is encasing each bead. Underneath it, she has a pearled ivory coloured cap, and, beneath it all, a pleated ribbon coif completes the look.
The doll was inspired by the beautiful gown of an historical reenactress which you can see here:
As you can see Deri has put in a great deal of time and detail into making this beautiful Tudor doll. I also must add that the doll was designed and made in a smoke free, pet friendly home.
How can you win?
Deri and I are very excited to be able to give this fantastic doll away to one lucky member of the Anne Boleyn: From Queen to History Facebook page. All you have to do for your chance to win is simply like the facebook page. Just press the like button on my facebook page and you’re in the draw … it’s as simple as that! Deri and I will then randomly select a winner from all the members of the page.
We are very excited about giving away this beautiful Deri Tudor Doll. I have to say that she is absolutely stunning and the detail in her dress and headdress is simply breathtaking! Head on over and like Anne Boleyn: Queen to History Facebook page for your chance to win!
If you like this little Tudor doll and want to get your own Tudor related Deri Doll you can purchase Henry VIII, Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Katherine Howard, Anne of Cleves and/or Catherine Parr from: The Anne Boleyn Files